Structuring of Data on an Existing Mediawiki using AutoWikiBrowser
|Project:||Structuring of Data on an Existing Mediawiki using AutoWikiBrowser (I)|
|Description:||Conversion of a losely structured Mediawiki to a more highly structured format using facilitated editing|
|Project Type(s) :|
When we first set up CCMDB wiki we were not aware of Mediawiki's ability to handle structured data. So, we set up templates to format data, but didn't enforce the use of these templates strongly. When we decided to move the wiki to a more structured format to facilitate the use of Mediawiki Extension Semantic Mediawiki and Mediawiki Extension Cargo, we needed to go over hundreds of pages that had almost the right info, but not quite.
We used AutoWikiBrowser, which is a desktop based software that pre-loads wiki pages (saving ~5-20s per edit) based on a filter and then facilitates or automates the editing of those pages based on rules. We used it to standardize the use of templates that had changed over time to the format needed to generate the structured data used in the new extensions.
- Default form